1. Where do you want your Senior Portraits taken? Do you like tall grass & fields? Barns, fences, and sky? Modern, downtown, and buildings? Water, bridges, and trees? Maybe you like a combination of all of them. Try to picture yourself and what you love…that’s where I want to photograph you. If you don’t have a specific place in mind…no worries, I’ve got plenty of ideas.
2. Schedule your Senior Session a few months early. Once the weather begins to get warm in the spring, my schedule begins to fill up, so make sure you get your session scheduled for your most convenient time.
3. How much will it cost? You can find the cost for high school seniors here. Please note that a deposit is due prior to the session in order to hold your day and time. Whether I’m photographing a senior, newborn, family, or engaged couple, I strive to creatively capture the true personality of the person or persons in front of my camera. This takes time. We won’t rush. Prints and products are not included in the Senior session, but are available for purchase in a’la carte.
4. What should you wear? My suggestion is to wear your favorite outfit[s]. Usually your favorite outfit is something you look and feel great in!. Bold colors may be distracting and draw attention away from you. Also try to avoid large flowers, stripes or patterns. Many people forget about their socks…remember, your socks may be visible during some of the photographs…leave those Kermit the Frog ones at home! You may bring athletic uniforms, a gown or suit that you wore to your last formal dance, casual trends, the latest trends! Also, don't forget to accessorize with jewelry, appropriate shoes for each outfit, jackets, hats, scarves, sunglasses, etc. We also encourage you to bring props that show things you are into! Maybe you have an awesome collection of records, books, high heels or vintage hats. Perhaps you skateboard on the weekends, play the ukulele, dance in ballets, play sports, or are a part time DJ....Bring your gear! No idea to too big. If you can dream it up, we'll figure out a way to make it happen, and make it perfect for you!
5. Wax on wax off. If you have an appointment for a wax, you’ll want to have that done at least two days prior to your Senior session. You’d be amazed at what the camera sees! Guys, don’t forget to shave the morning of your session [unless you want that hair!]. Blemishes? No worries! You can do your best to conceal them, but don’t sweat it…I can remove them in a flash.
Add-on time with our Makeup Artist! $50
Look and feel amazing throughout your whole session! This is a 45-60 minute appointment prior to your scheduled Portrait Session. Makeup is very important to the success of your portraits. A lack of makeup can leave you with lackluster portraits with blotchy uneven skin. Let our makeup artist add some pizazz with makeup and you’ll be amazed at how terrific you look for your senior pictures!